Applicable to the Original Owner and Original Delivery Address only.
Vanguard Design and Outstanding Quality are the two hallmarks of Hem. Hem Design Studio Inc. (“Hem”), Warrants to the Original Purchaser that all Hem Products (hereinafter jointly referred to as “Products”) will be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of delivery to the Delivery Address. This is our way of sharing our confidence in the quality of our products.
The Hem 5-year warranty (“Warranty”) covers repairs or replacements of Products as set forth herein within Canada only, and does not cover regular, non-defective returns of the Products. The Products that are returned within our 14-day return period are processed separately and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of our Return Policy.
How to utilize the Hem 5-Year Limited Warranty
Before submitting a claim, please carefully review the Terms & Conditions below. Original Purchasers must notify Hem in writing of any claims within 5 years from the date of delivery and within 2 months of discovering the reason of the claim (fault). Please file your claim to Hem Design Studio Inc. here.
Upon receiving notification of a claim, the Hem representative will respond to your inquiry within 1 week. All warranty claims are subject to inspection by Hem. Hem reserves the right to determine whether or not damages are covered by the Warranty, at our sole discretion.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
The warranty applies from. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
The Warranty covers, and is valid only for, flaws and defects in the manufacturing or workmanship of the product. The Hem 5-Year Limited Warranty or 10-Year Limited Warranty for some components applies to Hem Products exclusively and does not cover or apply to any purchases made outside of Hem.com or outside of Canada. The Warranty may not apply to purchases made through third-party sites.
Hem does not cover:
- Changes in surface finishes due to ageing or exposure to light;
- Natural variations of wood grain or figure or the presence of character marks;
- Natural variations of powder coating and/or other coatings;
- Damage to the fabric from machine washing/drying;
- Normal wear and tear (including, but not limited to, everyday wear and tear of surfaces, fabrics, and upholstery);
- Damage from external factors, such as any of the following:
- Sharp objects or imprinting from writing instruments;
- Prolonged exposure to moisture or direct sunlight;
- Modifications, alterations, tampering, or improper maintenance or repairs;
- Force majeure, including but not limited to fire, lightning, flood, tornado, earthquake, or hurricane;
- Any actions or uses performed outside of those recommended or specified on our site, including our FAQs.
- Note: Powder coat and lacquers are not covered by the warranty if damage is caused by intended use or wear and tear
- Note: All Hem products are intended for indoor use, unless otherwise specified
- Monster Rugs
The 5-Year Limited Warranty covers defects and structural failing of the hand-knotted fibers in the rug, and does not cover any of the items as listed under ‘Coverage’. In addition, the 5 Year Limited Warranty for Hand Knotted Rugs does not cover:
- Shedding, which can be reduced by vacuuming the rug at low power mode at least once a week
- Occasional sprouting pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber
- Colour and texture changes due to the use of natural fibers and dyes or prolonged exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, or certain atmospheric gases
- Matting and crushing in rugs, which can be minimized by proper maintenance of the rug
To be eligible for the Warranty:
- You must be the Original Purchaser and have a valid Proof Of Purchase. The Warranty is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- You must have purchased the Products directly from Hem.com or from a Hem Flagship Store and be located within Canada. May also, in certain cases, apply to purchases made through third-party sites. Please contact Hem for more information.
- We must receive your written Warranty request as set forth above within 3 years from the date of delivery.
- The Products, or Lighting must have been installed and used only in accordance with the specifications provided with the product or on our website (including those recommendations and guidelines specified on the FAQs page).
- The Products must have been used only for its intended use and must never have been subjected to abuse, accidental damage, or other abnormal usages, including but not limited to cuts, tears, burns, stains, soiling, liquid damage, or improper installation.
Hem’s sole obligation under the Warranty is to, in our own sole discretion, either remedy the defect or exchange the product as soon as practically possible after receiving notification about the defect. In the event it is not possible to remedy the defect or exchange the product, Hem will reimburse the purchase price of the product reasonably adjusted for any wear and tear. These remedies are exclusive. The repaired or replacement Products shall continue to be covered under the original Warranty for the rest of the original term. Under no circumstances will the Warranty be extended beyond 3 years from the date of purchase of the original Products.
Disclaimer of warranties
The remedies provided in this Warranty constitute the Original purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedies, and Hem’s sole and exclusive obligation, with respect to defects in the purchased products or the manufacturing thereof. This Warranty is the exclusive warranty given by Hem, and Hem expressly disclaims, and the purchaser expressly waives, all other representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, except to the extent prohibited by law. In such event, such Warranty is limited to the duration of the Warranty period set forth above. This exclusion applies even if this Warranty fails of its essential purposes and regardless of whether damages are sought for breach of Warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or strict liability in tort or under any other legal theory.
Limitation of damages and liability
In addition to the above Warranty disclaimers, except to the extent prohibited by law, in no event will Hem be liable for any consequential, incidental, exemplary, or special damages arising from or relating to this
Warranty or the Hem Products, and Hem’s total cumulative liability arising from or related to this Warranty or the Hem Products will not exceed the amount actually paid for the Hem Products by the original purchaser. Your use of the Hem Products is at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for (and Hem disclaims) any and all loss, liability, or damages, resulting from your use of the Hem Products.
Custom Orders and COM (Customer’s Own Material) is Excluded from Warranty
The Warranty Period for customer-specific textiles and leathers, and Customer specified product is covered by the warranty period of the textile or leather original manufacturer, however the workmanship of the unchanged-components (i.e. the foam or metal frame) that are identical to regular production are encompassed by Hem’s Limited 5-Year Warranty. Customer specified products also include new sizes, finishes or whole products, and the Hem Limited Warranties do not extend to cover new products unless specified otherwise.
Extended 10-year Limited Warranty
Hem’s extended 10-year warranty applies to the structure only of following products:
- Puffy Lounge Chair - Metal frame
- Touchwood Metal - Legs
Hai Chair and Ottoman - Legs
Hai Chair - Internal frame
- Kumo Sofa - Legs and Internal steel cushion frame
- Last Stool
- Key Side Table - Steel leg structure
- Hide Side Table and Pedestal - Steel structure
- Lolly Side Table
- T Shelf
The 10-Year Limited Warranty covers defects and structural failing of the components made of metal only, and does not cover any of the items as listed under ‘Coverage’.
Your rights and the Warranty
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. Some countries and/or states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Some countries and/or states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. You may also have other legal rights that vary by country, state, province, or jurisdiction - these basic consumer rights remain unaffected. The terms of this Warranty will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. For a full description of your legal rights, you should always refer to the laws applicable in your jurisdiction and you may wish to contact a relevant consumer advisory service.